FlowTimes - April 2007
Your Update on Flow, Temperature, and Pressure Measurement from Flow Research
Editor: Dr. Jesse Yoder; Volume 8, Number 1 - ISSN 1350-7204
Welcome to the April 2007 issue of FlowTimes! This issue tells you about an exciting new study on DP flow and primary elements that was released in January. It brings you up-to-date on new studies on steam flow and pressure transmitters. This issue also brings you up-to-date on some important new developments in the flowmeter business. And if you haven't yet received your own Pioneers of Instrumentation Calendar, it's not too late! See below for details on how to receive a free 2007 Pioneers of Instrumentation Calendar.
1. Letter from the President. This letter tells you about our new Pioneers of Instrumentation Calendar, which we are offering for free as a service to the instrumentation community. It brings you up to date on our new Differential Pressure (DP) flowmeter studies, which contain some surprising and unexpected results . It also describes some exciting projects that we are working on now, including a steam flow study and a study on pressure transmitters. Click here to read the letter.
2. Flow Research finds a one billion dollar Differential Pressure (DP) flowmeter market. Flow Research has released a new study on DP flowmeters and primary elements. We included both DP transmitters used for flow and primary elements in our study, instead of just looking at DP transmitters. Examples of primary elements are orifice plates, Venturis, and Pitot tubes that place a restriction in the flowstream so that differential pressure can be measured.
We found some amazing results in this study. We have found that, at one billion dollars, the DP flowmeter market is the largest flow market in terms of revenues, and one of the largest in terms of units. The value of the DP flowmeter market exceeds even that of the magnetic flowmeter market. Secondly, we found that the DP flowmeter market is a growing market--it is not flat or declining. There are many reasons for the growth in the DP flowmeter market, which are detailed in this study. One reason is worldwide growth in the oil and gas industry. This study will change the way many companies view the DP flowmeter market. The World Market for DP Flowmeters and Primary Elements was released on January 29, 2007, to coincide with the 307th birthday of Daniel Bernoulli. For more information, go to www.flowdp.com.
Order this study by April 30, 2007, and receive a free Worldflow Handbook with your order! Mention FlowTimes with your order to receive your free copy of the Worldflow Handbook.
3. The World Market for DP Flowmeters and Primary Elements study is now available as two separate studies. In conducting this study, we did two separate studies: one on the DP transmitter market and one on the primary elements market. We then put them together for the DP flowmeters and primary elements study. But we are making the two individual studies available separately -- along with additional segmentation. The two studies are as follows:
For more information on these two "twin" studies, go to www.flowplate.com.
4. Emerson Daniel launches Senior Model 2000 orifice fitting. Responding to the findings of extensive customer and field research, Emerson Process Management has launched the new Daniel® Senior® Model 2000™ Orifice Fitting to deliver improved safety, maintenance, and up-time. The Senior Model 2000 extends the proven technologies of the original Senior Orifice Fitting to include new features while meeting all applicable API 14.3, AGA 3 and ISO 5167 specifications. For more details on this new product, go to http://www.emersonprocess.com/home/news/pr/611_senior2000.html.
5. Eastech Flow Controls introduces new hybrid open channel flowmeter. Eastech Flow Controls has introduced an open channel flowmeter that utilizes hybrid technology to handle both low flows and medium to high flowrates. Called the Cartridge Meter, Eastech’s open channel flowmeter is a highly efficient combination of a trapezoidal flume, ultrasonic level sensor, and a pair of transit-time velocity sensors. Eastech has two models: the Model 7100 Cartridge Meter and the Model 7200 Cartridge Meter. To read the entire story, click here.
6. Flow Research is conducting a study on steam flow measurement. This study will determine what types of flowmeters are being used for steam flow measurement, and who are the main suppliers to this market. It looks at both widely used technologies, such as DP flow and vortex, and at emerging technologies of steam flow, such as Coriolis and ultrasonic.
We are doing an end-user survey as part of this study that asks users what type of steam they are measuring, what their applications are, and whether they plan to change technologies in the future. Types of steam include wet, saturated, and superheated. The survey also identifies any problems users have had with their steam flow measurement. For more information on the steam flow study, go to www.steamflows.com.
7. We are looking even deeper into the DP flowmeter market with a brand new edition of our pressure transmitter study, first published in January 2004. The World Market for Pressure Transmitters, 2nd Edition, takes a complete new look at the fast-growing pressure transmitter market. The study includes multivariable, differential pressure, gage, and absolute pressure transmitters, and updates the adoption rates for Foundation Fieldbus and Profibus communication protocols. For more details, go to www.worldpressure.com.
8. Don't miss this opportunity for a free 2007 Pioneers of Instrumentation Calendar. Flow Research is making our 2007 Pioneers of Instrumentation Calendar, as featured in Flow Control magazine, available for free. This calendar features the birthdays of important pioneers in flow, temperature, and pressure measurement, and also includes significant dates in the history of measurement.
9. Get a free trial subscription to the Worldflow Monitoring Service. Our newly expanded Worldflow Monitoring Service includes quarterly reports and timely updates:
Market Barometer - A Quarterly Report on the flow, temperature, and pressure markets
Energy Monitor - A Quarterly Report on the oil & gas, refining, power, and renewables industries
Flash Reports - Breaking news in instrumentation and energy
Worldflow Online - 24/7 access to market data, strategies, and past Worldflow reports going back to 2002
The Worldflow Monitoring Service features a new website, www.worldflow.com, which serves as the launching pad for Worldflow Online. To receive a free trial subscription to this valuable service, go to www.worldflow.com and fill out the Free Trial Subscription Form, or send an email to email@example.com with your contact information. Please be sure to include your mailing address when requesting a free trial subscription.
What do you think of FlowTimes? We welcome your comments! Please send any comments or suggestions to Flow Research, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
FlowTimes is published by Flow Research, Inc.
Dr. Jesse Yoder - email@example.com
Norm Weeks - firstname.lastname@example.org
Belinda Burum - email@example.com
Flow Research, Inc.
27 Water Street
Wakefield, MA 01880
(781) 224-7552 (fax)
|Would you like a free subscription to FlowTimes? To receive a free subscription, send an email with your preferred email address to firstname.lastname@example.org, and you'll receive a free email subscription to FlowTimes! Or, use our handy email form to submit your email address.|